Welcome to this Adventure in the Letter to the Philippians!

All are welcome to explore Philippians in the Bible with me. While I will be studying the letter as written by Paul and taken from the perspective of women both ancient and contemporary, anyone at all can read and add their appropriate feedback and questions!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Philippians 1:1&2

Greetings from Paul

"This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus.

"I am writing to all of God's holy people in Philippi who belong to Christ Jesus, including the elders and deacon. May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace" (Philippians 1:1, 2).

This study comes from the personal meditations of Jackie Locke. I have chosen to accept Christ Jesus. I am His, his daughter, his servant, free in Him. I am convinced of my own need to study this book of Philippians verse by verse, and I hope this study can be a springboard for the personal study of others and the investigation of this important book.

Additionally, I want to explore the lives Eve and Mary as well as other godly women as their lives relate with the themes in the letter of Philippians written by Paul. This connecting will relate to what I have been learning in my own life. I always have a lot to learn!

May God our heavenly father and His Son, Jesus, give us their grace and peace as we study. I need this grace and peace. Paul prayed that the people of the church of Philippi have God's grace and peace-two powerful gifts. These are gifts from God to us and we can accept them from Him with thankfulness. Then, His grace and His peace can be ours.

The book of Philippians explains point by point the life of faith. Faith is a key ingredient to living the Christian life. One of my very favorite texts about faith contains the words her cousin Elizabeth spoke to Mary while she was pregnant with Jesus,

"You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said" (Luke 1:45 NLT).

No comments:

Post a Comment